At Eastgate Baptist we want to be a church that serves and meets the needs of our community. We certainly want to provide all people with the message of the Bread of Life & Living Water that is Jesus Christ... He is the "spiritual food" we need to receive for eternal life.
Our goal is to humbly serve and let the love of Jesus Christ be displayed loudly to our community - 1 Peter 4:10
Eastgate volunteers at Carriage Town Ministries which helps support homeless men, women, and children in mid-Michigan every day. We send a host team on the third Monday of every other month to share a time of worship, a message from the word, and to help serving the evening meal to those families in need.
We want to help those persons and families that need physical food to help in this everyday life. Our food boxes are made available and can be received by connecting with our church offices at 810-742-5410 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For those interested in helping to provide for our Food Bank needs...we also take donations of goods and monies to provide for our boxes. An average box for a familiy of 4 costs $35. The items we collect are listed below. Thank you for stepping in to help feed the hungry.
· Spaghetti Noodles
· Spaghetti Sauce
· Macaroni & Cheese
· Peanut Butter
· Grape Jelly
· Dried Instant Potatoes
· Ramen Noodle Packs – Chicken, Beef
· Canned Vegetables – Sweet Peas, Corn, Green Beans,
· Canned Fruit – Fruit Cocktail, Pineapple, Peaches
· Canned Soups – Chicken Noodle, Tomato, Beef Stew, Chili
· Canned Beans – Baked, Kidney, Pinto
· Canned Tuna
· Cereals – (preferred… Raisin Bran, Corn Flakes, Crisped Rice & Toasted Oats)
· Quart Sized Sealable Bags
· White Rice
· Toilet Paper (4 packs preferable)
· Travel Size Toiletries – Shampoo, Deodorant, Tooth Paste
· Soap Bars
· Baby Items – Baby food, dried cereal, dry formula